Choosing the Right 3PL Provider for You
- Published: 24 Feb 2017
Two weeks ago, we posted part one of a set of evaluation questions from a previously shared article. The article was about choosing the right 3PL company for you and provided these evaluation questions to make your decision easier. If you haven't read part one, yet, we strongly recommend that you do before you read this part.
To reiterate, we are answering these evaluation questions to make selecting the right 3PL company easier for you.
Without further ado, here is the final part of the checklist:
Third-Party Logistics Evaluation Checklist
How frequently are reports generated? In what form and at what times do they come out?
- As frequently as you want. Our WMS and TMS can be set up to automatically generate reports in .CSV, .PDF, or Excel file formats. If you want a report, we can arrange to send it to you, and even make it a regular occurrence to be delivered whenever is best for you.
How often is a cycle count taken?
- At the very least, we cycle count twice a year.
What does the shipping process involve?
- Some of our clients handle the shipping themselves and we receive their products and handle the outbound from one of our storage facilities. Some of our clients prefer us to handle shipping at all stages of the transportation process. Whatever your need, we can help you.
How is the client notified that products have been shipped to the customer?
- You will be notified automatically whenever your product is shipped. However, if you do not want to receive these notifications, we can disable this function for you.
Who do you call if there is a problem?
- 1-877-363-7281 or firstname.lastname@example.org for general inquiries. Depending on whether you’re using our freight or warehousing services, we will give you a specific email address and phone number for you to use. Or you could always call these guys.
What are their hours of operation?
- 8 AM – 5 PM, but we are available by email outside of these hours. We are very flexible and dedicated to fulfilling any order in the shortest amount of time possible.
What is their pricing?
- We customize each solution to your needs. Our rates will be based on the services you require.
We hope we made it easier to choose the right 3PL company to provide you with the services that you require. And we also hope that you will consider ADLI Logistics as your 3PL partner.