Prepare Your Supply Chain for Consumer Holidays
With the holidays approaching, Black Friday and Cyber Monday kick off consumers’ holiday shopping. Black Friday and Cyber Monday are days of shopping that consumers look most forward to as retailers provide deep discounts and consumers start to think of the holidays. Black Friday attracts more and more consumers each year with last year attracting online shoppers to spend $4.45 billion on Black Friday and Thanksgiving (Forbes, 2015). Some ways to support your supply chain for Black Friday and Cyber Monday include:
- Expand sales dates Retailers have begun their Black Friday sales earlier and this can help spread out the days that products will be on sale for. Some retailers have started having Black Friday week that provides consumers extended time to purchase discounted products. By extending sales this allows companies to reduce the stress of product shortage and spreads out online orders for customers. Planning ahead like using extended sales dates allows retailers to spread out the demand and ensure that consumers can receive the products they want.
- Using a 3PL Third-party logistics providers can assist supply chains in providing value-added services, such as kitting that can meet the demand of products. Also, 3PLs can help alleviate any stresses that come from Black Friday and holiday shopping. 3PLs can provide warehousing facilities for overflow of product and increase storage space for increased inventory during the holiday season. ADLI Logistics provides customers with our value-added services and offer 3 warehouse facilities for customers’ storage needs.
- Scalability Review your supply chain and see if it can handle increasing demand of products. During the holidays, there will be increasing needs of products and preparing for these surges will help to meet the demand levels. Create solutions to issues that may arise will assist in being responsive to increasing demand and meet the need.
- Flexibility Providing flexible operations to meet customers’ need will assist in meeting fluctuations and meet the needs of you customers. Being flexible will ensure your supply chain can handle all kinds of fluctuations and handle if there are increasing demands.
- Seasonal support Creating a group of workers who are will help to meet the holiday demand and capacity of the holiday season. Ensure you have a team that can meet the needs of the supply chain during the holiday shopping season. Also, a team that will meet expectations and meet the needs of consumers.
ADLI Logistics is a third-party logistics provider that provides logistics services for your shipping, warehousing and distribution need. For more information call 1-877-363-7281 or fill out our contact form for more information!