Why You Should Get a TMS
- Published: 11 Mar 2016
For any company that is in logistics, a TMS is a system that can improve operations, drive business and provide better service to customers. There are numerous benefits of a TMS that assists companies to move freight from origin to the destination accurately and cost-effectively. Before selecting a TMS, understand the value of this system and how it can be beneficial for your company. Some benefits of a TMS include:
1) Reduce freight expensesOne of the greatest benefits that a TMS provides is reducing freight spend. This system is able to provide savings by analytics and optimization. A transportation management system provides suggestions of how to reduce expenses and uses data that provides valuable information.
2) Track deliveries in real timeA TMS provides the ability to view where drivers and shipments are located in real-time. This provides information as to the amount of time a route takes and this can then create an efficient route schedule. Also, this provides information as to which drivers and routes are most efficient.
3) Increase customer serviceA TMS provides improved customer service levels with the ability to monitor on-time performance. Also, with the ability to locate where shipments are and the distance from the destination. The TMS provides an online portal where customers are able to see exactly where their shipments are and inform their customers. This provides increased customer service as customers have the ability to access shipment and freight information when needed.
4) Improve warehouse efficiency and productivityWith the constant flow of incoming and outgoing inventory, a well-organized warehouse is an important part of the logistics process. Pairing a TMS with a WMS can create a record of orders and track where they are located in the warehouse, in transit and when they arrive. This will allow users to review processes and ensure they are efficient.
5) Increase supply chain efficiencyThe ability to track drivers, inventory and other processes will allow your business to increase productivity. This can improve the supply chain and reduce inefficiencies.
A transportation management system provides increased efficiencies in the supply chain and provides savings to users. Our TMS at ADLI provides us full visibility during shipments, which allows us and our customers to be fully informed during the shipment. For more information about our transportation and logistics services, please call 1-877-363-7281 or fill out our contact form!